- School Facility Managers’ Academy Series
The School Facility Managers’ Academy Series currently offers three different tracks with the School Facility Managers’ Academy track being offered each year and one additional track being offered simultaneously. This year we introduce our NEW Communication track! No matter if you’re new to the field or a seasoned professional, there is a program that is right for you.
- School Facility Managers’ Academy: New to the field? Want a refresher course on the latest in codes, budgeting, health and safety? Then this track is for you!
- School Facility Managers’ Communication Academy: Already completed the School Facility Managers’ Academy? Do you need some courses in all things communications? Then join us for this advanced track.
- School Facility Managers’ Personnel Management Academy: This track will make you better equipped to manage and motivate your staff and communicate with district stakeholders at all levels.
- Critical Issues Training Summit
Starting in 2009 SFA and SFMI created a one-day comprehensive program – the Critical Issues Summit – to provide school facilities professionals with the most timely information and resources to continue providing safe, clean, healthy learning environments for students, teachers, administrators and the local community. This program is open to not only our members but other stakeholders in the NYS educational community, including business officials, school superintendents, principals, and more.
- School Facility Webinars
SFA and SFMI offer webinars throughout the year, FREE to members. These programs are designed to provide practical, quick tools and techniques to help properly maintain clean, safe, healthy school districts across the state.
- Regional Training Series
Code updates. Air quality standards. New OSHA rules. You have so much to keep up with—and so much of it changes quickly. SFMI provides regional training sessions on the latest topics such as:
- Boiler Optimization
- Energy Alternatives: Lighting and Building Control Systems
- Operations and Maintenance School Budgets
- Human Resources Management
- Health and safety
- Code compliance and much more.